We’ve reached that lull in the moving process where we have enough time to not have to pack up everything else so I decided to use the weekend to work on some projects. Up first was “fixing” my Dojo for Test of Honour.
Category: Technique (Page 1 of 4)
It’s funny how quickly a fire can spread, especially with heavy winds. A particularly fast spreading wildfire just hit my game group hard and it has us all scrambling to keep up. Gaslands is one of the Osprey “Blue Book” games’ series where they have a designer put together a rule system and setting in a very defined format. The game, written/designed by Mike Hutchinson, came out last year but really took off with my group thanks to a review of it on the Secret Cabal gaming podcast.
In essence, the game rule set for miniature car/vehicle combat using template movement a la X-wing (without the hidden selection process). The rule set is super cheap and picking it up is easy by buying the PDF of Osprey’s site or picking up a hardcopy off Amazon.
This week is a little bit of a change up. I didn’t have time to run The Pit this week so I’ll have to do a double dose for next week. I was, however, able to finish up a little side project with an extra truck miniature I picked up with the Collector’s Edition.
I already have two of these painted up so I wanted to do something a little different with a third open and, as I said just Monday, I’m really in to lighting things up. But first I need to see what is under the hood.
With the Test of Honour Dojo complete, it was time to work on the other items that came in that kit: the sword ruler and the lanterns.
The lanterns were the more complicated item since I wanted to pimp mine out a little more. I’m on a big “lighted” components kick so time to light these suckers up as well.
It’s funny how projects can get set aside and then sudden inspiration will strike and move the project forward. A friend of mine got me a Phantom II ship pack for the X-wing Miniatures Game. While very nice, I had initially made fun of the ship because I wasn’t aware of what it was- a replacement shuttle for the Ghost in the Rebels cartoon series. Being tied the Ghost, I was more interested and dug out my Ghost, still in its box.
It wasn’t sealed because it was part of a custom project I had started back in June, ran into some trouble and shelved to be completed at a later date. That date became last night.
Over the summer, I had made up some street lights for the Batman Miniature Game. I thought they turned out well but after playing with they, they weren’t quite right: they weren’t very bright, the connections were fiddly and only four of the six original ones work properly now. So I was looking for a replacement and thought I found a good idea using a set of small lights and new posts to hang them on.
As described in my previous post, the new lamp posts were too small so I was going to have to mess around.