I had some time this week to jump back into the Batman Miniature Game and complete a new acquisition, Clayface. This is the new second edition model that is quite a bit better than their original one. It was also super easy/quick to paint up.
Category: Batman Miniature Game (Page 1 of 3)
Batman The Animated Series was a staple cartoon that I watched as a kid and when I first got into Knight Model’s Batman Miniature Game, I was excited to see that they had some Animated Series figures. Unfortunately, they only had a handful of minis and with the game being heavily skirmish-based, you couldn’t make much of a team out of their offerings. The minis were great but they needed more of it.
The Gaslands Facebook page is a non-stop flow of treasure hunters looking for the next cool Hotwheels at their local supermarket or thrift store. While I’m all set to use my half-scaled version from Dropzone Commander, I was curious to see what could be had at my local Walmart.
While not really something to post a “look at me!” thread on Facebook, I did find this little Cars 3 toy interesting for the flaming oil drums. They looked like they were in scale with my 28-32mm terrain so I took a gamble and picked it. If nothing else, the car could go to my boy and the obligatory other toys could go to rest of the minions when I got home.
A quick shout out this Friday that BoardGameGeek’s monthly photography contest is up and looking for your thumbs! I have my Batman image entered so check it out if you like it and want to see it and other great images.
Life has gotten quite busy lately as we are moving so my posts will be a bit briefer as we go through all the packing and hoop-jumping that is involved with relocating, even when it is only a few miles away.
Over the summer, I had made up some street lights for the Batman Miniature Game. I thought they turned out well but after playing with they, they weren’t quite right: they weren’t very bright, the connections were fiddly and only four of the six original ones work properly now. So I was looking for a replacement and thought I found a good idea using a set of small lights and new posts to hang them on.
As described in my previous post, the new lamp posts were too small so I was going to have to mess around.