I’ve completed the first version of my Posse Builder for Dracula’s America and finished finalizing my solo campaign as well. With these items ready to share, I’ve put up a new “downloads” page. I’ll add to this as pull old content out and create pages for it but for now, at least the Dracula’s America items are up and available.
Category: Resources Page 1 of 3
I’ve been looking for a better way to hold my minis as I paint them and some time ago, I saw that Games Workshop makes a miniatures “handle.” When I was looking for them six months ago, they were all sold out but they finally came back in stock and picked one up to see how I liked it.
I’ve been slowly getting things up and ready to unpack the basement and the more I work around down there, the more I see how to use the space. One of the things I’m excited about is the open space to set up games in. While the basement is unfinished (unlike the last house), I’m starting to like the flat concrete floor as I’m now fascinated with casters and making everything mobile. It started as a way to lift my shelving up off the floor in case of a low flood out but now the potential has opened up other options.
Over the summer, I had made up some street lights for the Batman Miniature Game. I thought they turned out well but after playing with they, they weren’t quite right: they weren’t very bright, the connections were fiddly and only four of the six original ones work properly now. So I was looking for a replacement and thought I found a good idea using a set of small lights and new posts to hang them on.
As described in my previous post, the new lamp posts were too small so I was going to have to mess around.
I cranked up the CNC machine this weekend for the first time in a few months. Back in the summer, I was really in a groove with the machine and things seemed to go well. Having not messed with anything for a while, it seems that familiarity has left and I need to retrain myself a bit.
I was going to start up on my Dropzone Commander building bases project but before I get that underway, I needed to finish off one last pending project: my Pitchcar regular-to-mini converter.
This week, I’m catching up on some items that have been on hold for a little bit. I’ll start with a simple little pimping- sleeving cards. Now card sleeves are probably the easiest way to pimp out a game and some might argue that it’s so ubiquitous that it isn’t actually pimping out your game. I disagree, so much so that I will block quote my philosophy:
Pimping a game is any addition or customization that enhances the aesthetic or mechanical enjoyment of the game or game play.
This week, I was able to start my CNC machine project. It’s slow going as I’ve never had to assemble anything this complex and so I’m taking my time. I could have opted for the pre-built version but reading up on the kit a bit more, several users noted that it was good to build it yourself so that if things go wrong in the future, you’ll have an idea of what the problem might be. I’m not sure if that will really work for me but the building process itself is pretty cool.