I have finished up the draft of scenario 4 and ran it through some paces to make sure it initially works as expected. I had to tweak a few things but I’m happy with the final result. And of course I needed to mix up my board some more to fit the new scenario layout.
Category: Variants (Page 1 of 2)
Yep 500. A good bit of that was due to a spike in April as I did those micro posts on my painting challenge but still 500 seems like a good bit of verbiage for this little site. And yet I feel like there is so much more to say, to pimp out, and to play.
The April paint challenge didn’t sap my desire to paint more minis (thankfully) and I got to work on a little Dropzone Commander Scourge unit, the Screamer.
The distraction of my Paint Challenge had slowed down my progress on my Dropzone Commander solo variant but I’m happy to say I’m ready to push on. I’ve put together art for the cards, written the rules and first scenario, put together the rules in their own layout.
With the rule concepts in place, it is time to test this sucker out. For this test mission, I simulated a “find and extract” scenario. In the bottom six cards of the 24 card event deck was the mission objective. When a squad searches and find that card, it has an objective and the final goal is to get it off the map where the army initially entered.
In Dr. Feitmarr’s press release, the new vampires were doing well. Checking back in and the group has swelled in numbers dramatically.
I’ve talked a little about the prep of my Imperial Assault Hunger Games variant in both concept and execution but I wanted to take a minute to go over the full variant as we played it and how you can duplicate it if you want.
There have been several Hunger Games variants floating around for games like Imperial Assault and they all center around a central basic idea: multiple players deathmatch on a fixed board with each player controlling a single model until the game whittles down to the last figure standing. To simulate more of the Hunger Game’s theme, a cache of goodies lie at the center of map for players to pick up and use throughout the game. A lot of these matches like to break the game’s fundamental rules in some way by offering the ability to pick new items/powers/weapons regardless of whether the figure can legally use it. They also work best with a lot of players in the game to maximize the board and ramp up the chaos factor.
I know I do a Wednesday Walking Dead update but Mantic’s Blog is dedicating a whole week to Walking Dead: All Out War so go check it out for previews on the Wave 4 releases and hopefully some “beyond Wave 4” news. Wave 4 isn’t the only thing getting showcased this week as I have version 1.0 of my first AI enemy for Walking Dead ready for use:
Please note: I do not own the rights to these images as they are Mantic Game’s card art and Image and Skybound’s Walking Dead IP. These are only intended for home and personal use.
Lately, I’ve been troubled by the lack of challenge in the Walking Dead: All Out War scenarios. I played through the Days Gone Bye scenarios and only found them challenging when “role-playing” a character to do non-strategic moves or artificially inflating the challenge like adding the Night Fighting event card.
I decided to give the next crop of scenarios one last shot before I start making some sweeping changes.
Having finished up my Pitchcar connector track, I was free to start up my Dropzone Commander building base project. I had already made the prototype in CAD and then I set the tool pathing so it was ready to try it out.
I cranked up the CNC machine this weekend for the first time in a few months. Back in the summer, I was really in a groove with the machine and things seemed to go well. Having not messed with anything for a while, it seems that familiarity has left and I need to retrain myself a bit.
I was going to start up on my Dropzone Commander building bases project but before I get that underway, I needed to finish off one last pending project: my Pitchcar regular-to-mini converter.