Hating to let a project linger, I moved back to my HATE terrain to finish it up. I knew I wasn’t going to spend a lot of time on each individual piece so after the wash work I did earlier, I decided to pick out a few highlight details and work those in. Due to the dark nature of the game, I decided to pick out the skull and bone work on each of the terrain pieces. I under-estimated just how many of those details were around.
Switching gears from Dropzone for a bit, I went back to HATE. Last I left this project, I had completed a sample painting of an extra miniature. Ready to jump back in and work some more of the game, I started with the terrain. I always like to start with terrain as it is one of the few things that will be used in almost every game.
I’ve had the board game HATE for a while and I knew I’d want to paint it up but the game has a ton of minis. They are all pretty fantastic with a ton of detail so they deserve to shine. Unfortunately, painting all those minis up would take longer than I have the patience for and the color schemes would likely be pretty muted anyway. Give all that, I decided to try out a very simple approach. I had a broken model (with a replacement on the way) so I decided to test my approach on it and get my process down before diving in.