I talked a bit last time about green stuff usage for my Ronin in Test of Honour. After a bit of work, I was able to get through most of the figures and get them ready to be primed.
Tag: green stuff
This week hasn’t been an exciting week as I’ve been toiling with the starts of some projects that mainly include a lot of priming with the airbrush. I’ve really hit my stride with airbrush priming as my process is down to where it is easy and quick without the hassle of needing the weather or temperature to cooperate. The smells are also nicely cut down as well.
Switching gears once again, I jumped over to Joan of Arc to mess with the biggest “miniature” I’ve ever owned, the legendary Dragon. This mini almost single-handedly sold me on the game before I had a chance to play it, as I imagine it did for many other folks. I basically saw it in the display case at Gen Con, turned around immediately and ran off to find my friend. I then hauled him over to look at it as well and we switched up a lot of our plans to make sure we demoed the game.
Having the dragon mini in hand, it is quite an amazing piece and equally challenging to prep.
With my first successful casting of the weapon mount for Dropzone Commander’s Wagon units, I went and finished up the other two mounts. After they dried and cured, I cutoff the excess green stuff and shaved them down to size.
While the iphone image quality leaves a lot to be desired, you can tell the casts are a bit softer than the original piece up top. I shouldn’t matter as they’ll be hidden under the weapon rack itself and, at 10mm, it will hardly be noticeable.
I recently picked up a set of Dropzone Commander Storm/Thunder Wagons. For every other “dual” kit Dropzone has, these are great packs as you get the option for two unit types and if you magnetize, you’ll be able to field either option. I’ve done this with my Hannibal/Mehmed tanks and my Cyclone/Typhoon helicopters. When I went to open my Storm/Thunder wagons though, I found an issue.
Over the summer, I had made up some street lights for the Batman Miniature Game. I thought they turned out well but after playing with they, they weren’t quite right: they weren’t very bright, the connections were fiddly and only four of the six original ones work properly now. So I was looking for a replacement and thought I found a good idea using a set of small lights and new posts to hang them on.
As described in my previous post, the new lamp posts were too small so I was going to have to mess around.