Pimp My Board Game

a pursuit of fruitless endeavors and endless refinements

Tag: sepia

More Terraining

I actually meant to dovetail this with my last post but didn’t have time. The other terrain I was able to complete was for my Old West setting. I showed a few of these during my ongoing paint challenge but was able to take a few more shots to show it all off.

Read More

Sepia Monochromatic Painting: A Visual Guide

Read More

July Paint Challenge: Day 3

With Wyatt Earp complete, I moved on to his older brother, Virgil last night. This was done in the same style as before and I’m working up a quick photo guide on how I’m doing this as well.

For day 4, I’ll just keep pushing through these Old West figures before I distract myself with something like Infinity.

July Paint Challenge: Day 2

I dedicated day 2 completely to the finishing of my first old west figure.

I was pretty excited getting Wyatt Earp finished up in this style. What I find interesting is it isn’t quite like the monochromatic style I did with my black and white Walking Dead.

I’ll dedicate some time to really define the differences later but I really felt blending the Inked style I was doing earlier with Here’s Negan and the original B/W Walking Dead came together in this Sepia style I’m going for. On to more western heroes tonight.

New Models And Brown Dudes

Gen Con is steadily approaching and I’ve got a few more irons in the fire before I go. I’m not sure what all I’ll finish up but we’ll give it a go and see what works before time runs out. Up first is a project I’ve had in mind for years now and I’m finally getting somewhere with it thanks to the help of Colton and Reese.

Read More

HATE Scheming

I’ve had the board game HATE for a while and I knew I’d want to paint it up but the game has a ton of minis. They are all pretty fantastic with a ton of detail so they deserve to shine. Unfortunately, painting all those minis up would take longer than I have the patience for and the color schemes would likely be pretty muted anyway. Give all that, I decided to try out a very simple approach. I had a broken model (with a replacement on the way) so I decided to test my approach on it and get my process down before diving in.

Read More

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén