With the wave 2 Kickstarter packages getting sorted out and shipped from Mantic’s Warehouse, I thought I’d start working on more Greene farm terrain. I’ve almost completed the Days Gone Bye scenarios so I need to get a jump start on the Greene farm material so I can hit the ground running.
I had some empty Laphroaig cases lying around and thought they might make for some interesting terrain options. After checking out some grain silo images, I got to work.
I cut one of them down to make for a more manageable terrain piece and then primed them both with my standard automotive grey primer. Since I’ll be leaving the tops alone, I finished them off with a dark grey primer from the same brand.
Next, I photoshopped some brick patterns with silo chutes on to an 11×8 sheet of paper, cut it out and sprayed a spray adhesive onto the back. A simple but careful rolling up later and my short silo was complete.
I’ll likely go lighter on the tall silo and I’m debating whether to add the grain chutes on the side or not. I’m leaning towards not but due to the size, I’ll have to print it at a printshop as nothing I have will take the 11×17 that the tall tube will need.
In the “let’s see how this works” category of game pimping, I tried my first hand at greenstuff sculpting. This project is likely way beyond on my skill but as it is just a fun prop, I’m not too worried.
The goal was to get the extra “riding” Rick figure onto a comparable motorcycle and it’s getting there.
Had to cut off Rick’s right arm and then revisit a little Governor vengeance and cut off his hand while I was at it. Then I kept adding bits of greenstuff to the arm to get it to approximately reach the handlebars. Lastly, I crap-sculpted (patent pending) a plausible hand. I’ve let it dry and will likely start working it up more once it is a bit more stable.