With our individual match-ups ending quickly, we decided to be more social and play with everyone at the same extended table. We left the two main floor maps as is and created 8 starter armies: two UCM teamed with two Resistance against two Shaltari with one Scourge and one PHR. A “Humans vs Alien” mega-battle.
Page 2 of 44
A friend has made it a tradition to host a day long session of Dropzone Commander for his birthday. While the timing of when we host this changes based on availability, it is a great chance to get a group together and explore more of the Dropzone universe. With the recent rules getting a much needed FAQ and Errata, we were finally ready to put the official rules to more use.
We ran another game of Frostgrave over the weekend and concluded our first four game campaign arc. A lot of this is retconning a bit to fit how we will likely move forward but this last game really solidified how I envision our campaigns run.
In the beginning, we had planned to run four games (not including our intro game) in a cycle so that people didn’t have to commit to too much and could bow out after a small campaign. While initially I thought we’d string scenarios together and just arbitrarily end it at session four, a narrative started building in my mind about where everything was going and with this last custom scenario I decided to rename this opening arc to The Dark Prophecy (that and the fact that our “winter campaign” took us well past winter so keeping that name seemed less than ideal).
With trees and rocks and walls and more complete, I moved on to finishing up my target scenario’s bits. This meant a rather easy paint run of the figures needed. I really cheated on this goal as what really interested me out of all the scenario options in a sea of expansions and content was something from the smallest set: the Ars Nova expansion.
With my latest Frostgrave minions complete, I turned to another project that will surely dog me for a long time to come: Time of Legends: Joan of Arc. There is an overwhelming amount of content to sift through, sort, and prepare for a game and I’d like to have some of it pimped out. The game is so immersive that painted components really bring it all home.
I’m not really surly but it is Pirate weekend (Pirate talkin’ was actually Thursday but a lot of the festivities show up on the weekend) and I thought it fitting. Especially because I was combing through my collection looking at Pirate-themed gaming options when I stumbled on my copy of Merchant & Marauders.
This old Z-man game got a lot of attention and was well liked by my group but it disappeared and never came out again. Looking back through the box, I realized why.
This week hasn’t been an exciting week as I’ve been toiling with the starts of some projects that mainly include a lot of priming with the airbrush. I’ve really hit my stride with airbrush priming as my process is down to where it is easy and quick without the hassle of needing the weather or temperature to cooperate. The smells are also nicely cut down as well.